Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oh, uh hey there neglected blog.

Sooooo neglected blog.

So here's what happened. I had another baby. My position at work changed and I got incredibly busy. Then it changed again and I got busier. Then my baby turned into more than a lump and my toddler became even more high maintenance. Then the plaque hit our house and the kids were sick for about three months straight, I had about 4 major colds, a sinus infection and a stomach flu that made me want to throw myself into traffic.

And now? I've missed about 3 months of documenting the kid's lives, my online diary of sorts, my opportunity to vent. I can't promise I'll be able to blog with any regularity but now (fingers crossed) that the kids seem to be allowed in public again, I'll give it a shot.

What's happened in the past few months? Hmmmm....a lot, and not much. Travis turns 9 months old on the 2nd. 9 months! He's still my high maintenance guy, but he's so stinking cute that it's hard to hold that against him. He's very, very happy as long as we are right in his face playing with him. We being myself, Chris or Sabrina. Although he is kind of a mama's boy, and I kind of love it.

Proof of cuteness:
Even though he kind of looks like he's trying to get away from me, he really can't stand to be apart from me. Really. I swear. It's not just in my head.


Travis has two teeth, eats like a maniac (really, it might be a problem), yells, screams or cries if he has a hang nail and is incredibly lovey - he is actually cuddles at times, which Sabrina never did. He prefers to be touching you somewhere and to be touched at all times. Even if that means sticking his finger up your nose, he's happy with that. He is still Mr.Inconsistent in pretty much every aspect of his life, especially sleep. He finally got the hang of sleeping through the night, but still wakes up most nights to party a bit in his crib. And then, he'll roll onto his face and somehow forget how to roll off of his face and panic ensues.

Sabrina went through some serious regression a couple months ago but the observant parent I am, I didn't realize what was happening for way too long. She wanted to be the baby. Which is why she suddenly had no interest in potty training (because babies wear diapers and she's a baby). Travis got more attention because he is a baby (this is actually fundamentally untrue, but it's difficult to prove that to a 2 year old.). Speaking of which, she's almost 3. THREE. She's beautiful, still kind of an asshole, doesn't listen and pushes the limits as often as she possibly can, drives me nuts and fills me with more love than I thought possible. I love her spunkiness and determination. As much as I hate her fighting me controling her, and as much as that's really, really going to suck when she's a teenager and screaming I hate you, I admire her determination and spunk.

Some day she'll be more interested in me than her bubbles, right? Nevermind.


She's still in speech therapy, talks up a storm but is hard as hell to understand half the time. She makes the typical mistakes like subsituting the b sound for the f sound (so she says boot instead of foot) but occasionally she just speaks in gibber jabber that makes no sense at all. I've chosen to pretend those occasions don't happen so she can hopefully graduate from speech therapy this summer because Mama is having a hard time making all of her therapy appointments. I do it, but it's a struggle. After nearly a year of physical therapy, a year of speech therapy...it's draining. Travis isn't setting any records in the development department, and I really worry we're going to have to start the whole therapy thing with him.

Travis adores Sabrina, and when she's in a good mood she's a great sister - when she's tired or not feeling well, let's just say she shouldn't be alone with him. But occasionally we get a good picture and can say, despite all of the craziness, not having a minute to ourselves, not having a moment of peace and quiet or a day where someone hasn't shit or pissed on us...we are still very grateful for our kids and the life we have.

Then again, I'm still on Zoloft.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay!! So glad you're back!

AP said...

Yay for an update and pics! Here's hoping you all stay healthy for a LONG time!

The GVZs said...

Glad you're back. And could that baby's hair possibly be any more fabulous??