Friday, July 10, 2009

Maybe Britney wasn't crazy, y'all.

I'm still on my quest for weight loss.

I weigh myself each and every morning. Most days this results in me shaking my fist at the sky and screaming, "WHY???!!!!" but some days, there is progress.

Like this morning. Somehow, overnight, I lost an entire pound. Which is a bigger deal than you think because this put me at a number I haven't seen on the scale in almost 2 years.

I was very excited. Instead of shaking my fist at the heavens, instead I did a little fist pump.

As we were getting ready, I nonchalantly mentioned my dramatic overnight weight loss to Chris.

"Maybe it's from getting your haircut," he responded.

Hmmm. I hadn't thought of that. I did get a few more inches chopped yesterday. Could my haircut be the reason for the poundage just slipping right off?

Remember when Britney shaved her head?




Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't because she got the crazies.

Perhaps she was just seeking a shortcut to weight loss.





I'm now wondering how many pounds I could drop if I shaved my head.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just fainted

Love,
Chris

The GVZs said...

The key to losing a pound overnight is as follows: 1) after dinner have a delicious bowl of ice cream; 2) get on the scale; 3) shake fist and curse; 4) go to bed complaining about how if the baby grew in my uterus, why is my ass 3 times its original size?; 5) wake up and have bowl of high fiber 'colon blow' cereal; 6) let nature take its course; 7) get on the scale immediately. Voila! Feel better about self for rest of day.

sara said...

Perhaps all of us kick butt mamas could have a head shaving party?

SwishDesigns said...

Hysterical. ;)

Jamers said...

Do it! Do it! Okay... don't really do it. What if you have a weird mole on your head or something? :o)

Alison said...

LOL!!!!