Monday, October 26, 2009

The Haunted House Incident

As we approached the Haunted House, you could see the fog from the smoke machine creating the exact effect the organizers were looking for. It was perfectly eerie, perfectly creepy.

The line was long, but that was okay. There was plenty to entertain us, including an extremely tall woman draped in chains who hissed at us and pounded the ground with a stake she held. People giggled nervously. I gleefully took it all in. I adore Halloween, Haunted Houses and horror movies. This is my element. I couldn't wait for the Haunted House.

Finally it was our turn. Chris and I held hands, as he gently guided me into the house. He knows how much I love the surprises and scares the haunted house has to offer, and let me go first so I could take it all in.

It was dark, so dark it was hard to see. We stumbled along, laughing, knowing someone, something would jump out at us soon. Chris has been through the haunted houses with me before, he knows I'll start screaming soon. Screaming, then laughing because it's so fun.

There were creepy clowns, deranged butchers, enormous spiders, a young girl that looked like she stepped right out of The Ring. Each was scary and thrilling. I couldn't stop smiling. I didn't want it to end. We approached an area where a woman was chopping body part, a la Texas Chainsaw Massacre. She grinned psychotically. We heard the chainsaw in the background. It got louder.

The push came from behind; it was sudden and hard. I fell to the ground, unable to get up. Confused, I looked for Chris. I quickly saw the push came from him. As I struggled to get up (without assistance), I felt him try to push by me as he ran from the chainsaw that scared him so. Almost as if it was a second thought, he grabbed for my hand as I lay helpless on the ground, vulnerable to the man with the chainsaw and the clowns that were circling. He grumbled something like "Move!" as he tried to drag me before I had a chance to get my footing.

My knee hurt a little but we continued on. It was a fantastic haunted house, full of scares that had me screaming and laughing with delight. It wasn't until we got to the car that I realized what had happened. I turned to look at my husband, paused and said, "Did you fucking push me to the floor in the haunted house?"

Yes, he did. The chainsaw was that scary.

3 comments:

KK @ Running Through Life said...

LOL!!! Wow! Sounds like a crazy haunted house and something I myself would not have the nerve to enter!

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Sounds like an awesome haunted house.

Aunt Becky said...

Must have been one HELL of a haunted house. There's one in New Orleans I want to go to. Apparently it's CRAZY scary.