Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Announcing: The Newest Graduate

Someone has officially graduated from Early Intervention!

Sabrina's last physical therapy evaluation was this week and she "no longer qualifies for Early Intervention services" which is the technical way of saying, she is one mobile little fucker and doesn't need any help with her mad skillz.

Holla!

There was some concern about her language development, but after completing the full evaluation they determined she is right on track for her age and is just fine. The director even feels she is speaking more than Chris and I realize...that we just aren't identifying words that she is saying. Sabrina walked towards her beloved tupperware (who needs toys? not Sabrina!), was pointing and saying, "Ahhhhhhhh tttttttt" and the director said, "See? She's saying, 'I want!'" and I was like, really? Because I thought she was whining.

Which actually made me feel a lot better, not that I will suddenly start deciphering this foreign language but it made me realize when parents say, "Oh, Suzy says lots of words! Every night she says, 'Night night, daddy. Love you! Go do the dishes!" that means their kid is probably saying,

"nnnnnnnn ttttt daDA! Oooggggooo. Moommoooo biiiishhhhhes."

It also means Suzy's mom is an asshole.

My baby is totally average, y'all. Scored right down the middle on everything, even language.

So proud of my average little one.

7 comments:

minivan soapbox said...

Having an average kid is AWESOME!

Sandy said...

That is the cutest picture. She is just gorgeous.

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Yay Sabrina!! And super cute picture!!

Brakes and Gas said...

Ummm, she is definitly above average in cuteness! Congratulations, Sabrina!

Unknown said...

You go girl! I love her smile!!

Unknown said...

Woot woot!

Aunt Becky said...

Average is AWESOME, isn't it?