Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You know you're a mom of two when...

...your emails to the pediatrician go from

"I don't know what's wrong, but her nose is running and ohmagod, I think she might have a temperature of 99.1 and I think we should be seen right this very second, I hope we make it, OH MY GOD!" with your first to...

..."Yeah, he sounds like he's been smoking a pack a day his entire life and runs a low grade temp, oh, all the time...but I'm sure he's fine unless you REALLY think he needs to be seen...." with your second.

Good news is my formerly all-encompassing hypochondria has taken a back seat.

2 comments:

Bella @ If This is Motherhood said...

LOL. Yeah they say with the first child you panic all the time, but after the first you'll let them juggle knives.

Sabreena said...

My husband and I have joked about this often. There are far more pictures documenting our first than his subsequent sibling. Second child syndrome is what we call it. I imagine mothers of three or more just forget to feed them all together.