Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You know you're a mom of two when...

...your emails to the pediatrician go from

"I don't know what's wrong, but her nose is running and ohmagod, I think she might have a temperature of 99.1 and I think we should be seen right this very second, I hope we make it, OH MY GOD!" with your first to...

..."Yeah, he sounds like he's been smoking a pack a day his entire life and runs a low grade temp, oh, all the time...but I'm sure he's fine unless you REALLY think he needs to be seen...." with your second.

Good news is my formerly all-encompassing hypochondria has taken a back seat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Yeah they say with the first child you panic all the time, but after the first you'll let them juggle knives.

Sabreena said...

My husband and I have joked about this often. There are far more pictures documenting our first than his subsequent sibling. Second child syndrome is what we call it. I imagine mothers of three or more just forget to feed them all together.