I realized I more than kind of am overdue in updates on lots of things I've blogged about lately.
- The lambs have stopped crying: Travis is a million times better! Once we got him on the right med for his reflux (Prevacid), and the right dosage (which is being increased as we speak), the inconsolable screaming got much better. But he was still crazy fussy, the only difference was we could console him. Given what we were going through, that was an improvement. But right around that magical age of 12 weeks, a different kid emerged. One that is really freaking cute, smiley, lovey and just all around the bomb. I mean come on, how is this not cute!?
- I went through a brutal phase of post partum depression that I still can't even write about, but finally got myself some of that fantastic invention called Zo.loft and feel much, much better. Actually I think I should have been on them since birth. Actually I think everyone should be on them. It should be mandatory.
- Sabrina is loving pre-school and doing really well. She loves painting and singing and adores her teachers.
- Sabrina's speech therapy is coming along slowly, but surely. She's got a big vocabulary, is talking all the time and putting several words together...it's just the pronunciation that is the biggest hurdle. However, she is able to swear, so that's all sorts of awesome. She said "shit" for the first time last week. So proud.
- I returned to work at the beginning of the month, so we're balancing two kiddos with two full time working parents and um, yeah...it's a handful. But Chris is a great partner and huge help so we're able to do it without killing each other. Actually most of the time we can laugh about most things. Unless I have PMS. Then nothing is funny.
- We attempted operation stop swaddling over the weekend and Travis decided he LOVES his hands (nom nom nom) and thinks they are so fantastic he doesn't want to wake up in the middle of the night at all and would rather just hang out in his crib and munch on his hands if he wakes up. Which for some reason puts him right back to sleep. We think this is fantastic.
Happy Holidays to everyone!